Happy new year, Libra! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
It’s time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of home, family, and how you earn your income.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Career
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your tenth house of career. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The tenth house is your place for making a mark on the world through leadership and authority, typically via your professional life. It’s about your standing in the community and your industry—and your ability to serve others and potentially leave a legacy.
With the full Moon here, you could be working: put the finishing touches on an ambitious project you’ve had in the works for some time, and you’ll make your name in your field and reap excellent rewards.
You also might give a speech or receive an award or other recognition at an event, based on prior good works. This area of your chart also relates to your public status, so you might even change that in the days around this full Moon by getting married or sealing a major business deal that raises your professional visibility dramatically.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, take your time, and see to your own needs as well as you do other people’s. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Libra, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Home And Family News
Libra, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your home and family.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your third house, which governs communication of all kinds as well as your siblings, neighbors, short trips, your early education, and the local community.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have felt isolated from brothers and sisters or your close cousins or friends who feel like siblings. Or you might have had some false starts and frustration with a new writing project or had to work hard learning a new skill such as public speaking or better ways to use your computer or cell phone for your business.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your fourth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to your home and family—the foundation of your security in life. You may move or buy land or an investment property, or you might hire a decorator to improve you current home’s interior. This area also rules your parents and ancestry, so you may focus more on helping elderly relatives or researching the family tree. The fourth house also represents your spiritual home, so you may take up a new spiritual practice that connects you more intimately with your very soul.
More Home And Family News
And there’s more good news for you in these areas, Libra.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to build a firmer foundation through a stable and happy home base—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your home area to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, your ruler, who governs love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility at home, spiritually, or with family members as you increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been blessing your home and family life since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, quick thinking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your loving friend, Venus, lighting up your fourth house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start new things associated with home improvement, family issues, essential security through a stable home, and your soul’s needs.
At the same time, you also have other strong energies to help you financially this year, Libra.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of earned income, possessions, and values. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Libra, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to how you earn your living. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may travel as part of your work assignments, work remotely from some far flung place, or interact with many people internationally. Or you may buy new decorations for your office from places you visit while traveling or start working with an appraiser or other expert to learn more about collecting art or other luxury items.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your ability to be paid well for your work. And if you’re bidding on something at an auction, your strength of will and competitive spirit will push you to carry the day and take home your prize.
The second house of earning also rules your values as well as talents and other resources and possessions at your disposal to support life pleasantly and comfortably, and some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your skills and belongings to help all the energies you have in your fourth house of home, family, and security:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: the Sun and your ruler, Venus, in Capricorn in your house of home make helpful angles with Jupiter in your earned income house, bringing high potential for gain through a family member, a home business, or real estate. Also, Mars makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your fourth house, winning you favor from influential people in your family that can improve your bottom line.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your fourth house of family and both of them making inspiring angles with high octane Mars in your second house of money, values, and possessions.
- Mars leaves your second house of earning on January 26, when it enters your third house of communication, siblings, short trips, and neighbors. If you’ve had little or no communication with your brothers and sisters or people in the community, or if you’ve had stalled negotiations in communication projects at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to get them back on track.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Libra, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your eleventh house. This area of your chart governs friendships as well as networking and the clubs or business associations you join. The full Moon will be in a helpful angle with your Libra energies, so watch your feelings around this time regarding your friends and many associates: it’s time for something to conclude or leave your life, and you can phase it out gracefully now. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Libra! After a long time of handling challenging communications, issues with brothers and sisters, and frustrations with community issues or local travel, you have a powerful month that may see you enjoying well earned rest at home with loved ones or gearing up for a chic and sophisticated decorating project.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle in your career and public status.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your earned income house. Watch for good news about your earning power and new ways to bring in money.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets—including your beautiful ruler, Venus—will bring synergy between your earning and family houses. The second house also rules values, so make sure yours align with a
right livelihoodand harmonious home. Also, tap a family member to help with a work project, launch a home business together, or connect with an auction house to sell heirlooms or other valuables.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to real estate, family, and home starts now. Schedule meetings with powerful people or older mentors or start something new.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through issues related to writing and other communication, your siblings, or community involvement.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to your business network, a club, charitable work, or your hopes and dreams. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Libra! I wish you a wonderful month!