Happy new year, Virgo! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
Now is the time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of creativity, children, and stocks as well as communications and your brothers and sisters.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Friendships
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your eleventh house of friendship. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The eleventh house is where you associate with other people, especially in groups. It’s also where you connect with your most cherished hopes, dreams, and wishes: what you most want to manifest before you leave this lifetime. It holds the key to how you network and the group activities you enjoy through clubs and associations you join.
With the full Moon here, you could be remembering people in your industry and the friendships you’ve made through networking. Maybe you sent a food gift to an associate who helped you significantly last year, and you might hear from that person now.
Or you may spend the day with friends from a club you belong to, perhaps going on a special outing to ring in 2018. This area of your chart also relates to humanitarian efforts: you may spend the day helping at a charity event, or the full Moon may show you a new way to volunteer your time and talents that better fits your skills and desire to be of service in your world.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and apply your ample intelligence kindly and gently—including with yourself. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Virgo, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Romance, Children, And Creativity News
Virgo, the biggest news this month, by far, comes through your romantic life, creative pursuits, and children.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your fourth house of home and family. This area also governs your childhood home and upbringing, your sense of security, and your parents.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges at home that made you feel overworked and unappreciated. Perhaps you wanted to redecorate or move to a larger house but couldn’t afford to, or maybe you had to be available often to help your parents with some difficult or dramatic situation that proved hard to resolve. The fourth house also provides your spiritual foundation, so you may have faced spiritual doubts or even a crisis of faith in these years.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your fifth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to romance, children, your creative talents, and your ability to take risks to better your life—such as stock investments that enrich your portfolio.
More Romance, Children, And Creativity News
And there’s more good news for you in these areas, Virgo.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to meet a new love interest, or manage your parenting and creativity better, or hone your ability to take smart risks—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your creative fifth house to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your romantic life, your ability to be a good parent, or your creative potential—and increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been boosting you creatively and in relation to children since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, your ruler, quick thinking Mercury, will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your versatile friend, Mercury, lighting up your house of romance, children, creativity, and speculation and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to conceive a child—or get help doing so—or launch a new project that highlights your creative gifts or take a new approach to your investment in stocks to build your portfolio.
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your romantic, parenting, and creative projects this year, Virgo.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of communication and siblings. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Virgo, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to writing, editing, speaking and all other forms of communication. You also have excellent chances to become more active locally or better your relationships with your sisters and brothers. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may feel generous toward your siblings and spend more time with them, as you’ll find you enjoy their company more than in the past. The third house also governs people who seem like siblings, such as close cousins or friends, as well as neighbors and others in your local community; you may spend more time socializing with these people. The third house also relates to your early education, and you may travel to visit childhood classmates or a beloved teacher.
Watch January 6, when high energy Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in an issue affecting your community or in your relationship with a sister or brother. You may spend time with one of your brothers, and one of you could share information that helps the other.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your powerful way with words or your connections through siblings to support all the energies you have in your fifth house of romance, children, and creativity:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your third house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your creative house, earning you aid from VIPs who can help you with confidential information about your child or a new art initiative or introduce you to a new flame. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your stocks and speculative risks house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your communication and sibling house, bringing high potential for gain through information you pick up from a sibling or from a casual conversation in your neighborhood.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your fifth house of romance, stocks, creativity, and children and both of them making inspiring angles with competitive, play to win Mars in your third house of communication and local issues.
- Mars leaves your third house of communication on January 26, when it enters your fourth house of home and family. If at any point over the last couple years you’ve had stalled negotiations in a real estate deal or felt frustrated finding the right placement for an aging parent who needs more help, (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Virgo, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your twelfth house. This area of your chart governs your inner self, spirituality, and psychological health as well as times you may withdraw from the world to rest, reflect, or recuperate. Notice your feelings and especially your dreams around this time and see what you’re ready to phase out of your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Virgo! After a long time of handling challenges related to your home, real estate, and family, you have a powerful month that may see you enjoying a new romance, happily getting down to work on a big creative venture, or reviewing and improving your children’s lives as well as your parenting skills.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with how you network as well as any clubs or associations you belong to.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your communication house. Watch for good news about a course of study, a writing project, or one of your brothers or sisters.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your creativity, romance, and children house and your communication house. Ask a sibling to babysit or introduce you to an eligible love interest, apply your will and stamina to a writing or research project, or make VIP introductions for a sister or brother to access the creative or investment worlds.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to romance, your children, investments, or creative desires starts now. Join a dating site or service, schedule calls and meetings with an admissions counselor or other powerful people at your children’s school or chosen college, make short trips in your local area to meet with someone in the art world, or contact your investment manager with new stock ideas.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through home and family issues and bring more fun and passion into your home with bolder decor or a party for your child’s sports team.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to your spiritual life or health. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Virgo! I wish you a wonderful month!