Happy new year, Leo! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
This is the perfect time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of health, work, and daily routine as well as home and family.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Spirituality
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your twelfth house of spirituality and health. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The twelfth house is your most secret and private sector and where you may withdraw from the world at times to heal or reflect on your life. It holds the key to your inner self, especially your dreams and how you connect to the divine spark within so you can feel part of a greater whole.
With the full Moon here, you could be thinking about a health concern you’ve long wanted to overcome. You may consider going to a rehabilitation center to rest and get a break from your regular routine or you may plan a retreat to reconnect with your inner life.
This area of your chart also relates to your psychological health and the ways you may block your own progress or well being. Now, you may have an experience or insight that gets you ready to start therapy or join a self-help group.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your heartfelt sensitivity to manage your time and energy in healthful ways. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Leo, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Your Health And Job
Leo, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your health and work life.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your fifth house of romance and other pleasures, fun and games, and children and your
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges in meeting a new love, conceiving a baby, or being able to express your exuberant creativity in any way. Or you may have wanted to launch an exciting project but found your inspiration blocked. Or perhaps you had a child or met an older love interest, only to find you had to take on greater responsibility than you expected to help the other person.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your sixth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to health and well being, job success, and your pets.
More Health And Job News
And there’s more important news for you about wellness and work, Leo.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to improve your health or get a better job—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your sixth sector of health and work to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, your ruler, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your ability to take care of your health and to be a good employee and colleague—and increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has blessed your health and work since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, intelligent Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your benevolent friend, the Sun, lighting up your health and job house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do with improving your health, upgrading your work life, or starting a routine that supports your vitality and brings you joy for the long term.
Your Home And Family
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your health and work success this year, Leo.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of home and family, ancestors, and feelings of security. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Leo, you have a good chance to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to real estate, your home, and your parents. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may decide to study for your realtor’s license or become an interior decorator or contractor. Or you may hire one of these professionals to help you buy or sell a house or other property, start a real estate investment portfolio, or make major improvements to the place you live. You will have strong advantages in all these activities, especially when it comes to related legal dealings. You also may find an excellent solution to a situation involving a parent’s home or wellness.
Watch January 6, when the zodiac’s driver, Mars, will meet with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in a real estate deal or a home improvement project. You may hire a team to perform work, and the group’s mix of energetic young workers with more seasoned professionals will meet your needs perfectly.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your home life and property to support all the energies you have in your sixth house of work and health:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your fourth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your employment house, earning you help from VIPs on the job, such as a job sharing plan or opportunity to work at home in order to balance work with family. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your health house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your house of home, allowing you to improve your health with a personal trainer who comes to your house or the chance to recuperate from a procedure at home instead of a rehab facility.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your sixth house of wellness and work and both of them making inspiring angles with powerful Mars in your fourth house of emotional and physical security as well as your parents and other family.
- Mars leaves your fourth house of home on January 26, when it enters your fifth house of romance, pleasure, games, and children. If progress has stalled on creative projects or you’ve had challenges with your children or a love interest at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Leo, the eclipse will bring extra power, as it comes in your own sign in your first house. This area of your chart governs your body, your personality, and how others perceive you when you meet them. Watch your feelings around this time and pay attention to any stress signals your body gives you: something is ready to phase out of your life, and you’ll feel lighter and happier when it does. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Leo! After a long time of handling challenges related to your personal creativity, romance, children, stock portfolio, and opportunities to laugh and play, you have a powerful month for strengthening your health, stabilizing your work situation, or handling issues related to beloved pets.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your health or spirituality and pay attention to dreams at this time.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your house of home, family, and security. Watch for good news about real estate, parents, or a genealogical project.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your house of home and family and your house of health and work. Leverage your family ties by starting a fitness program with a loved one, ask your boss about working at home or other flexible arrangements, or invite coworkers or employees to a social event at your home.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to wellness, employment, and your daily routine starts now. Resolve to improve your health with a stress reduction plan, an ambitious fitness routine, or regular and nutritious meals at home. Or involve your family in your work life in some way or introduce a single colleague to an eligible relative.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through issues in a creative venture, introduce a new game to your children, or learn a new hobby or outdoor sport.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with your changing body and let go of outworn aspects of your personality that are holding you back. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Leo! I wish you a wonderful month!