Happy new year, Cancer! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
It’s time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of committed relationships, contracts, children, and your creativity.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On You
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in your sign, Cancer, in your first house of the body and personality. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The first house is where you maintain your physical self and build your unique personality. It holds the key to how you connect with the world and interact effectively with other people.
With the full Moon here, you could be thinking about your health and how well your body serves what you want to accomplish in life. You may make plans to start a new therapy or work with a new clinician to improve your well being.
You also may be thinking about how you express yourself and realize something about your personality that you’d like to change so you can enhance the impression you make on others. This area of your chart also relates to your early childhood, and with an emotional full Moon in play you may be remembering past happiness; if you also feel some sadness that certain people and things are no longer part of your life, remind yourself to celebrate what was good about that time and find ways to create new joys in the present.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your caring nature to uplift any dealings with others. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Cancer, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Cancer, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your committed relationships.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your sixth house of health, daily work, and routine. This area also governs your pets as well as coworkers, employment, and any people you hire at home or on the job.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges at work or had to overcome medical issues by eliminating excess in your diet or fitness or by starting a more healthful routine. Or you may have had to take on greater responsibility at home to care for pets or at work to hire or manage employees—and perhaps doubted whether you were equal to the task.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your seventh house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to partnerships and marriage.
More Relationship News
And there’s more important relationship news for you, Cancer.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to manage your closest relationships better—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your seventh sector of committed relationships to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your ability to be a good partner to someone to form stable relationships—and increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has blessed your committed partnerships since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, smart Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by your ruler, the sensitive Moon, on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your tender friend, the Moon, lighting up your partnership house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do with business partnerships, marriage, contracts and agreements that form those relationships, and effectively managing situations with anyone who opposes or challenges you.
Your Children And Creativity
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your partnerships this year, Cancer.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of romance, pleasure, children, and fun and games. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Cancer, you have a good chance of meeting someone new, with a strong potential of making a commitment to marry. If you want to have a baby—or to get help doing so, if you need it—that also finds favor this year and can bring happiness and stability to your marriage as you and your partner mature in caring for a youngster. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you also may take up a new hobby or sport that you’ll enjoy immensely. Or you might have fun with children who are not your own such as beloved nieces and nephews or by volunteering to help young people in some way. All of them will help bring our your child within, and young people will feel drawn to your warmth and caring. Your creativity also may soar this year, Cancer, as you burst with new inspirations for hobbies or artistic projects that spark your imagination, including writing, acting, painting, music or any other art form you enjoy.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your romantic life, in a stock investment, or in something related to your children. You may meet a young and fiery person who inspires you and brings out your hidden talents or you might hire an expert to teach you a new art form or sport.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you tap your children’s talents or leverage your own creativity or sense of adventure to support all the energies you have in your seventh house of marriage and partnerships:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your fifth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your partnership house, earning you help from VIPs for a creative project or to secure a job for one of your children. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your committed partnership house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your children and creativity house, bringing high potential for starting a family business or a new creative initiative designing games, toys, or sporting equipment that has a good chance at long term stability and financial success.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your seventh house of personal and business partnerships and both of them making inspiring angles with assertive Mars in your fifth house of children, games, pleasure, and performance.
- Mars leaves your fifth house of fun and romance on January 26, when it enters your sixth house of health, daily work, and routine. If progress has stalled on work projects or you’ve had challenges with a health or exercise regimen or in finding a suitable medical professional at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Cancer, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your second house. This area of your chart governs security through earned income, possessions, physical and intangible resources, and your values. The Moon is your ruler, so a full Moon always sparks emotions for you. Notice your feelings around this time and pay attention to your intuition about relationships and things that may be ready to leave your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Cancer! After a long time of handling challenges related to your health, job, and pets, you have a powerful month for strengthening your marriage (or getting engaged), enjoying your ties with children, or stabilizing contracts, agreements, or partnerships in business.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your health or increases awareness of your personality and its effect on others.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your romance, children, and creativity house. Watch for good news about your love relationship, a child, or a creative project.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your house of pleasures and games and your house of committed partnerships. Leverage your imaginative gifts in a joint venture, invite a youngster to tour your business or office, or discuss having a baby with your partner.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to partnerships starts now. Make a date with your sweetheart to propose marriage, sign an agreement with a new agent or business partner, or start a savings plan through your business for a child’s education.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through health and employment issues and bring more vigor to your fitness routine with a new sport or by joining a team.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to your earning power, possessions, or values or pay off an old debt. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Cancer! I wish you a wonderful month!