Happy new year, Gemini! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
Now is the time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of money and shared finances, health, and your job.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Finances And Values
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your second house of earned income. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The second house is where you build security through the money you earn. It’s also about your possessions, the resources—both physical and intangible—you have at your disposal to support your life pleasantly and comfortably, and the values you hold most dear. It holds the key to how you earn, shop, and spend and what you prize above all else.
With the full Moon here, you could be thinking about your job and career. Or you may go shopping and find some delightful bargains on luxury items or something for your kitchen.
This area of your chart also relates to debt: you may realize something critical about how you view money or begin financial planning for the coming year so you can feel in control of your finances and think well of yourself for handling your money responsibilities well. In addition, the second house governs what you most value, and the full Moon is a perfect time to get in touch with this part of yourself so your money goals and spiritual path align.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your quick wit to be kind to sales people and others. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Gemini, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Gemini, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your finances.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your seventh house of partnerships and marriage. This area also governs contracts and agreements as well as people you always seem to end up sparring with—what ancient astrologers called
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges in your marriage that made you feel lonely or cold toward your partner or vice versa. If your marriage is stable, you both simply may have been working very hard and now need to reconnect, or you may have had challenges dealing with business partners or other professional contacts.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your eighth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to shared finances as well as money that comes to you in lump sums such as an inheritance, a commission, or a loan.
More Money News
And there’s more important financial news for you, Gemini.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to manage your shared finances better—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your eighth financial sector to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication to your financial dealings, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your ability to make financial decisions for you, your partner, your family, and your business—and increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been boosting you financially since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, your ruler, quick thinking Mercury, will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your versatile friend, Mercury, lighting up your shared financial house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do with financial matters that you share with someone else, from loans and credit cards to insurance and mortgages to child support and alimony.
Your Health And Work Life
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your health and employment this year, Gemini.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of health, daily work, and routine. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Gemini, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to improving your health, especially through smart fitness and diet, holistic or alternate therapies, and meditation and other mind-body techniques. You also have excellent chances to better your relationships with employees and coworkers. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may meet a new health professional or a work mentor who can change your life for the better. You also may begin traveling more for your job or take up an exciting new work project or a fun fitness routine that has you outdoors or on a healthful adventure such as an exercise boot camp or fitness resort package. Or you may feel lucky to find just the right person to hire for a job at work or home. This area also governs pets, so you may see developments there, too, or even welcome a new furry friend into your home.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your health or your job. You may meet a young and fiery person who brings new energy to the workplace or engage an energetic new personal trainer or a health advisor who’s up on the latest wisdom you need in a particular specialty.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your strong health and daily routine or your job talents and connections to support all the energies you have in your eighth house of shared finances:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your sixth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your joint financial house, earning you aid from VIPs who can help secure funding for your business or a new idea or project or bring new perks on the job. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your shared finances house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your health and work house, bringing high potential for gain through your workplace or health improvements and insights.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your eighth house of shared resources and financial matters and both of them making inspiring angles with assertive Mars in your sixth house of health and work.
- Mars leaves your sixth house of health and work on January 26, when it enters your seventh house of partnerships and marriage. If you’ve had stalled negotiations in a business partnership or contract, or if you’ve had challenges in your marriage or wanted to feel more passion with your partner at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Gemini, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your third house. This area of your chart governs communication of all kinds, short trips in your local area, your early education, neighbors, and your siblings or close cousins. The full Moon will be in a helpful angle with your Gemini energies, so notice your feelings around this time and see what may be ready to leave your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Gemini! After a long time of handling challenges related to your marriage and other close partnerships, you have a powerful month that may see you buckling down happily to review and improve your finances, health, and job.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with how you earn your income as well as your possessions and values.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your health and employment house. Watch for good news about your well being and your job—and perhaps your pets.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your shared money house and your health and daily routine house. Leverage joint finances to start a new health program or treatment, apply your will and stamina to research investments or fix debt issues, or meet with lenders or mortgage brokers.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to shared finances starts now. Schedule calls and meetings with powerful people at banks, credit card companies, investment firms, and financial planning companies.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through relationship and contract issues and bring more passion to your marriage and partnerships.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to communicating and dealings with siblings and people in your community. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Gemini! I wish you a wonderful month!