Happy new year, Taurus! Welcome to 2018!
Taurus: Your Month Ahead
This is the perfect time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of travel, international connections, and partnerships of all kinds.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Communication
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your third house of communication. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The third house is your lively place of connecting with others through writing, speaking, and short trips in your local area. It’s about your early education, and it’s where you chat with neighbors, have a casual conversation with someone in a local store, or say hello to someone you pass in an elevator or on the street. It holds the key to how you think and learn and provides an important source of information and education.
With the full Moon here, you could be traveling on New Year’s Day to visit family, enjoy a festive meal, or take a new car for a drive.
You also might hear from someone from your past or have the urge to get in touch with a person you remember fondly from childhood. This area of your chart also governs your brothers and sisters: you may be thinking about your siblings, remembering childhood fun, or helping cousins or other relatives by resolving a question or passing on vital information.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, take your time, and keep your temper in check. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Taurus, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Taurus, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your connections with the wider world.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your eighth house, which governs your shared finances as well as money that comes to you in lump sums such as an inheritance, a commission, or a loan.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges in settling a family member’s estate through probate, or you may have seen commissions you once earned easily drying up or had challenges securing credit or paying off credit cards.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your ninth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to the big, wide world. You may do this in any number of ways including interacting with people and things international, from overseas colleagues and foreign trading partners to immigration issues and visas to ethnic cuisines and cultures different from your own. This area also rules anything else that connects you to the larger world—such as publishing, broadcasting, and long distance travel—and anything that broadens your perspective and brings meaning to life—such as higher education, religion, your beliefs, and philosophy.
More International News
And there’s more good news for you in these areas, Taurus.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to think internationally and share your ideas and philosophy in a big, big way—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your
think big international and education area to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, your ruler, who governs love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can expand your world and your perspective as you increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been boosting your ability to think big and connect widely since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, quick thinking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your loving friend, Venus, lighting up your optimistic ninth house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start new things associated with international travel or visas, immigration, getting a degree, or putting your ideas out there through publishing or broadcasting.
At the same time, you also have other strong energies to help your relationships this year, Taurus.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of partnerships and marriage. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Taurus, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to your marriage, your business partnerships, and any significant one on one relationships such as with an agent or attorney. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, if you are married, your partner may want to travel internationally, so you may be packing your bags soon to visit a place you’ve never been before. Or you may be very lucky in finding just the right agent to represent your interests or make a new connection with someone wise and jovial who becomes a partner in your business or invites you to sign on to their company as an equal partner.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your marriage or another partnership. And if you face any legal concerns at this time, that day could be one where you make good headway in resolving any issues because Jupiter will oversee the situation to ensure a fortunate outcome.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your partnerships to help all the energies you have in your ninth house of international affairs, education, and publishing:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: the Sun and your ruler, Venus, in Capricorn in your international and education house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your marriage and partnership house, bringing high potential for gain through media or international connections or via your partner. Also, Mars makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your ninth house, winning you favor from VIPs at your university, from a business partner to further your international dealings, or from your marriage partner.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your ninth house of long distance travel and publishing and both of them making inspiring angles with fireball Mars in your seventh house of marriage.
- Mars leaves your seventh house of partnerships on January 26, when it enters your eighth house of shared finances including insurance, inheritance, loans and mortgages, child support, and alimony. If you’ve had stalled negotiations in any of these areas at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to get them back on track.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Taurus, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your fourth house. This area of your chart governs home and family, your childhood home and upbringing, your sense of security, and your parents. The full Moon will be in a tense angle with your Taurus energies, so watch your feelings around this time regarding family and the past and see what may be ready to phase out of your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Taurus! After a long time of handling challenging financial matters and negotiations, you have a powerful month that may see you heading out of town.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your siblings or in your communications.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your marriage and partnership house. Watch for good news about your closest relationships.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets—including your beautiful ruler, Venus—will bring synergy between your international and partnership houses. Bring your business or marriage partner to a meeting with international contacts; plan an overseas trip for business, pleasure, or both; or connect with a foreign publisher or a media representative.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to higher education, a legal proceeding, publishing, broadcasting, immigration or visas, or long distance travel starts now. Schedule meetings with powerful people or older mentors or start something new.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through issues related to negotiating—or renegotiating—alimony or child support, an insurance contract, a mortgage or loan, credit card interest rates, or an inheritance.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to home, family, or parents. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Taurus! I wish you a wonderful month!