Happy new year, Aries! Welcome to 2018!
Aries: Your Month Ahead
It’s time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of career and money.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Home
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your fourth house of home and family. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The fourth house is your most emotionally vulnerable place, where you are true to your needs and desires and seek refuge to receive kindness and caring from loved ones. It gives you a foundation and security through a stable and happy home base.
You could be showing off your redecorated home with a party for extended family to welcome in the new year, or you might hear news around this date related to your home or other property you own or want to buy.
Or you may suddenly see your home with new eyes and start making plans for changes or a move. This area of your chart also governs parents and ancestors: you may be thinking about a genealogical project, connecting with a distant relative, or helping a parent or other loved one with a solution to a longstanding issue.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy yourself, and keep a cool head. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another major shift for you, Aries, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period.
Uranus is the wonderful eccentric of our solar system, with its axis tilted so far that it rolls around in its orbit practically on its side. That’s a good metaphor for this planet, which helps free us by giving us a different and often strange perspective that helps us break out of old patterns—rather like looking at the world sideways. It works by jolting us sometimes to wake us up, with its sudden outward changes and electrical energy that feels like lightning flashes. That’s why astrologers call it the Great Awakener.
Uranus entered your sign in March 2011 and has been in Aries ever since, shaking up your very personality along with your health and all that’s most uniquely YOU.
So look back over the past seven years and think about how much you’ve changed as an individual and how you’ve been able to free yourself from anything that was holding you back from being most true to who you really are.
And then think back to last year: Uranus goes retrograde for several months each year, and in 2017 it did so in early August. So think back to that time and consider what you’ve learned in recent months, areas where you need to make changes, but couldn’t find a way forward, and any major insights and ideas for new projects important to you personally. Now that Uranus is moving forward again, you’ll find it easier to begin taking action on your ideas, and you’ll see a way forward to realize your dearest dreams and wishes for making your personal mark on the world.
With Uranus in this sensitive area of your chart, Aries, you also may have had unexpected health matters to resolve. If you’ve felt overloaded, this is a good time to act on any inspirations you receive about your health to restore balance. And whenever Uranus is involved, it’s a good idea to take excellent care of your nervous system with healthful habits including meditation, enough rest, and other calming practices.
Also, now that Uranus has ended its retrograde period, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for your Aries energies to go, go, go! You can make great progress now by using your leadership and all your talents to go after what you want.
All the wonderful things already mentioned here almost pale in comparison to what else is in store for you, however. For the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your career, Aries.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your ninth house, which governs all people and things international, from overseas colleagues and foreign trading partners to immigration issues and visas to ethnic cuisines and cultures different from your own. This area also rules anything else that connects you to the big, wide world—such as publishing, broadcasting, and long distance travel—and anything that broadens your perspective and brings meaning to life—such as higher education, religion, your beliefs, and philosophy.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges while traveling or been unable to get away from home. You also may have seen roadblocks related to getting a degree or in areas related to publicity or promotion.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
Now, with Saturn firmly in your tenth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to your career, your standing in the community and your industry, and your ability to serve others—and potentially leave a legacy—through leadership and authority.
More Career News
And there’s more good news for you and your career, Aries.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to build your career—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your career area to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can stand out and reap greater rewards as you increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been boosting your career since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, quick thinking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets lighting up your career house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start new things associated with your career and public status.
At the same time, you also have other strong energies to help you financially this year, Aries.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of shared finances as well as money that comes to you in lump sums such as an inheritance, a commission, or a loan. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Aries, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to money you share with someone else. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, if you are married, you may see your partner’s earned income increase and benefit you both. Or you may receive an inheritance or unexpected gift or other windfall. If you want to negotiate or re-negotiate child support or alimony, you’ll have the legal advantage and can make headway this year.
Watch January 6, when your ruler, fiery Mars, will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential financial breakthrough.
The eighth house also rules money from venture capital, loans, and mortgages. Some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage that potential to help your career or business if you need funding or other financial support:
- Your ruler, hard charging Mars, is in this eighth house for you most of this month, giving you will power and determination that can further support anything you choose to do related to shared finances.
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your career house, winning you a nod from VIPs who can help improve your financial situation, such as securing funding for your business or a new idea or project. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your career house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your money house, bringing high potential for gain through your career or for financial backing.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your career sector and both of them making inspiring angles with your ruler, Mars, in your eighth house of shared money.
- Your ruler, Mars, leaves your eighth house of shared finances and lump sum payouts on January 26, when it enters your ninth house of higher education, publishing, broadcasting, legal matters, travel, international things and people, and philosophy. If you’ve had stalled projects in any of these areas at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to get them back on track.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Aries, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your fifth house. This area of your chart governs romance and other pleasures, fun and games, and children and your
child within.It also concerns creativity and where we take risks, either financially or by trying something new and fun. With Uranus in your sign, you’ve changed so much in recent years, Aries: watch your feelings around this time and see what pleasures and hobbies you may be ready to phase out of your life so you can welcome in something new to add more fun to your life as it actually is now. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Aries! After a long time of waiting for things to get moving, you have a powerful month of what you love best: new beginnings.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle at home or in a situation with your parents.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. You’ll start to feel its electrical energies flow outward (instead of being bottled up inside you), to help you take action on what suits your personality and your ever changing life and career.
- January 6: Your ruler, Mars, meets with Jupiter in your eighth house of shared money. Watch for good news about something lucrative coming your way.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your career and money houses. Meet with venture capitalists, bank representatives, or legal advisors or connect with someone in your company, industry, or community about deals to help your bottom line.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans for your career starts now. Schedule meetings with powerful people such as older mentors or community leaders.
- January 26: Your ruler, Mars, enters Sagittarius. Push through issues related to international business or immigration, plan a long distance trip, start working for a degree, publish a book, or start a new social media or publicity campaign.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to romance, children, or hobbies. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize happy outcomes that help everyone.
Happy January, Aries! I wish you a wonderful month!