Happy new year, Pisces! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
Now is the time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of networking, clubs, and charitable work as well as long distance travel, higher education, and international connections.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Creativity, Romance, And Children
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your fifth house of creativity, romance and children. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The fifth house is where you connect with your child within by being creative in an art form or hobby you love, having children of your own or enjoying other young people, and enjoying pleasures of every kind including romance. It holds the key to how you have fun, follow your heart, and experience joy.
With the full Moon here, you may savor memories from childhood and decide to contact old friends. Or you could be spending a memorable day playing with your children or entertaining young nieces and nephews.
Or you may spend the day enjoying your favorite hobby or outdoor sports with family or friends. This area of your chart also relates to risks we take through stock investments, so you could be evaluating your portfolio around this time and decide to change brokerage firms or invest in something that aligns with your heartfelt wishes for the world.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and remember to stay grounded and balanced as you spend time with others. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Pisces, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Friends And Networking News
Pisces, the biggest news this month, by far, comes through your friends, business contacts, and humanitarian projects.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your tenth house of career. This area also governs your standing in your industry or community and recognition you receive via awards or opportunities for greater service or leadership.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges in your career that made you feel isolated, overworked, and unappreciated. Perhaps you applied for an important job representing a major step up professionally, but the company entered a hiring freeze or your connection left the firm. Or you may have taken on a significant project in your community or at work that took longer than you expected and drained your energies. The tenth house also brings recognition and rewards, and you may have been passed over for an award or felt ignored or lonely in your work.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your eleventh house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to your friends, club memberships, business groups you belong to, and charitable causes you support.
More Friends And Networking News
And there’s more good news for you in these areas, Pisces.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to make new friends and manage your networking better—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your eleventh friendship and associations sector to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident enough to go out and make new friends and network for your career—and increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been blessing your friendships and relationships with colleagues since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, quick thinking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets lighting up your house of group activities and friends and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to make new professional contacts, volunteer with a charity, or welcome new and interesting friends to your circle.
Your Personal Expansion
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your ability to expand your life by contact with the big, wide world this year, Pisces.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of international people, things, and travel; higher education; broadcasting; publishing; religion; and philosophy. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Pisces, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to mass communication that reaches a wide audience as well as anything related to the international realm. You also have excellent chances for success in higher education or religious and philosophical studies or interests. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may feel the urge to pack your bags for a long trip to a far flung place, and you’ll love the journey and enjoy preparing by sampling that region’s foods or getting familiar with its language and culture. If so, you’ll be able to work out visas, passports, and other necessary arrangements to go abroad. You also may aspire to earn a degree or sign up for a college course. Or someone may contact you to write an article or appear in the media. The ninth house also governs philosophy, religion, and your beliefs, and you may change your perspective in these areas with more optimistic thoughts and a much more generous attitude toward others.
Watch January 6, when high energy Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in an import-export situation, an immigration question, or an international conference or connection. You also might hear news about a thesis or college application or get a green light for a television project or your own column in a major publication.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your international or higher education interests to support all the energies you have in your eleventh house of friends, networking, and volunteer service:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your ninth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your friendship house, earning you help from high power friends who can help you contact the right person in university admissions or the perfect connection for a foreign trading opportunity. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your group activities house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your international and education house, bringing high potential for gain through your business network, a foreign colleague, or an older and powerful mentor or academic expert.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your eleventh house of friends, clubs, and charities and both of them making inspiring angles with let’s get going Mars in your ninth house of higher education and long distance travel.
- Mars leaves your ninth house of all things international on January 26, when it enters your tenth house of career. If you’ve had stalled negotiations in a new and more prestigious job or lost out on an award or leadership opportunity or had a hard time balancing work and family demands over the past couple years, (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Pisces, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your sixth house. This area of your chart governs your health, daily work and routine, and pets. Notice your feelings and especially your dreams around this time and see what you’re ready to phase out of your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Pisces! After a long time of handling challenges in your career and work-life balance, you have a powerful month that may see you getting serious about building your network, spending time with your friends, and volunteering for a worthy organization or cause.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your hobbies, children, or stock portfolio.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your international and education house. Watch for good news about a college application, a big media project, or a trip abroad for business or pleasure.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your friendship house and your international house. Ask a friend to join you on an exciting vacation, sign up for a study trip through your alma mater, tap business contacts for help with an immigration concern or international business deal, or start a service project with your network to benefit an overseas organization.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to networking, your friends, and volunteer work starts now. Call a friend or make a new one, check out a club or organization and fill out an application to join, connect with an older mentor, or call a college classmate for introductions to VIPs in your field.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through career issues and bring more passion and energy to your work with a brash new initiative or organizing an amateur sports team with your department or colleagues.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to your health, job, or daily routine. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Pisces! I wish you a wonderful month!