Happy new year, Aquarius! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
This is the perfect time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of health and spirituality as well as career and public recognition.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Health, Daily Work
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your sixth house of health, daily work, and routine. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The sixth house is where you work at a job, connect with employees and coworkers, and manage your health and routine to support your work. It holds the key to your ability to be part of a larger whole as you perform important service to help uplift the world.
With the full Moon here, you could be thinking about your job. You may realize you need to make a change because you prefer a workplace that feels like a family, or you may hear about an opportunity in food service.
This area of your chart also relates to your health, so you may feel the results of holiday indulgence and resolve to improve your dietary habits or take up a new exercise routine or sport to support long term fitness. This house also is associated with pets, so you may decide to adopt a shelter animal or need to nurture a puppy or kitten.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your quirky intelligence to resolve anything that comes up. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Aquarius, when your ruling planet, Uranus, ends the long retrograde period it began in August. You’ll start to feel better forward momentum and clearer thinking and connection to sudden insights. Also, we now will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Spiritual And Health News
Aquarius, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your spiritual life and your health.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your eleventh house of friendship as well as group activities, clubs, networking, and audiences.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges with friends, realizing you’ve outgrown some of them. Or you may have encountered roadblocks to building your network of business connections, had to work long and hard in an industry group or club, or had delays in joining a group you dearly wanted to be part of. This house also relates to our dearest hopes and dreams, and you may have felt far indeed from being able to fulfill yours or had to work extremely hard to make wishes come true.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your twelfth house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to your inner life of spiritual practices, psychological health, and solitude.
More Spiritual And Health News
And there’s more important news for you about your soul and your health, Aquarius.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to improve your spiritual practice or strengthen your health on all planes—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your twelfth sector of health and spirituality to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can create good health and build a solid spiritual connection to the divine to feel confident, strong, and healthy as you express the inspirations you receive in all areas of life, in service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has blessed your spiritual and health sector since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, brainy Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets lighting up your spiritual and health house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do with improving your health—especially how your thoughts and psychology affect your well being—and deepening your spiritual nature and connection to the inner self.
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your career this year, Aquarius.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of career, recognition, and status. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it >q>the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Aquarius, you have a good chance to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to achieving career success, recognition in your industry or community, or your ability to leave a legacy through leadership and authority. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may be offered a great new job through an international contact or a mentor who wants to remain behind the scenes. If so, you will grow dramatically in your professional life, and you may travel widely for business. Or you may be asked to run for office, serve on a board, or take a leadership position in your community. Luck will be on your side in career negotiations, and if you need to hire an attorney to review contracts or agreements, you’ll get helpful advice that spells advancement in your status.
Watch January 6, when the zodiac’s driver, Mars, will meet with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your career. You may receive an exciting offer, and the people you meet at your new workplace will challenge you in positive ways and help you grow significantly this year.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your career and community standing to support all the energies you have in your twelfth house of health and the spiritual self:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your tenth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your most private house, earning you confidential support from VIPs on the job, such as a promise of a major promotion that you need to keep quiet for a while. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your health house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your career house, allowing you to attend to your health if necessary, perhaps with a long needed spiritual or meditation retreat or a leave of absence to recuperate from a procedure or for rehabilitation or physical therapy.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your twelfth house of spirituality and wellness and both of them making inspiring angles with powerful Mars in your tenth house of career, status, and awards and recognition.
- Mars leaves your tenth house of career on January 26, when it enters your eleventh house of friendship as well as group activities, clubs, networking, and audiences. If progress has stalled on a networking opportunity, a club or charitable project, or making enough time for your friends at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Aquarius, the eclipse will arrive in your seventh house. This area of your chart governs marriage, agreements and contracts, and business partnerships at the office and with advisors including agents. Watch your feelings around this time and see who and what is ready to phase out of your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Aquarius! After a long time of handling challenges related to friendships, business associates, clubs, and group activities, you have a powerful month for improving your health—especially psychologically—and tapping into dreams and spirituality to connect deeply with your soul.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your health, job, or a pet.
- January 2: Uranus, your ruler, ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your house of career and public status. Watch for good news about your professional life, personal recognition, or a leadership opportunity in your local area or industry.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your house of career and your house of spirituality and health. Leverage your spirituality to support better and more worthy career aspirations, tap your colleagues for advice about improving your spiritual practice, or schedule a retreat or launch a relaxation class for your department.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to spiritual alignment and happiness as well as health and psychological well being starts now. Resolve to meditate and pray regularly or schedule a getaway to a secluded place to tend to your inner self. Get help now for a challenging health issue you need to keep confidential or contact a therapist to help you overcome a sensitive personal stumbling block.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through issues on a project at a club or group you belong to, volunteer or accept a leadership position at a charitable organization, or contact friends to form an amateur sports team.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with past conflicts related to your marriage or partner or close out a business partnership or relationship with an advisor that’s run its course. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Aquarius! I wish you a wonderful month!