Happy new year, Capricorn! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
It’s time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of your personality and health along with networking and group activities.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Partnerships
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your seventh house of your marriage and committed partnerships. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The seventh house is where you sign contracts and make agreements with people who are your equals, such as in a marriage or with a business partner. It holds the key to how you interact one on one, in a committed and legally binding way.
With the full Moon here, you may be thinking about your marriage, and something about your relationship may be coming to fruition around this time, such as plans you’ve made together related to home and family, especially children. Or you may sign legal papers in preparation to marry in 2018.
If your marriage doesn’t bring special news at this time, you may focus on a business relationship with your partner at your company or with an expert or legal representative such as an agent or attorney. This area of your chart also relates to what you find attractive in a prospective marriage partner, and you may look back at past relationships with new eyes as you realize how you’ve changed and what you want now, thanks to the full Moon’s illuminating energies.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your dry sense of humor to lighten your heart and uplift any dealings with others. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Capricorn, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Your Personality And Health
Capricorn, the biggest news this month, by far, comes by way of your personality and your body or health.
Last month, on December 19, your ruler, Saturn, left Sagittarius and entered your sign, Capricorn, for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your twelfth house of health—especially psychological health—spirituality, rest, and retreat. This area is the most private, confidential spot in your chart, and it’s where you particularly enjoy solitude.
As a Capricorn, you know intuitively that Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. You were born with maturity and dependability, and you do your best to live up to your commitments, even when the going gets tough and you have to work really hard. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges to your health or needed to work with a therapist to resolve a psychological situation that kept you from being at your best. This area also may point toward addiction, and if you had any issues with excess that harmed your health, you had to deal with them during this time. Or you may have spent more time alone, reflecting on your spirituality or taking up a new practice to support who you really are, or perhaps you had to work hard on a confidential project that took longer to complete than anyone expected.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with your planet, Saturn, firmly in your first house of YOU until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to your personality, your body, and the impressions you make on others based on how you present yourself to the world.
More Personality And Health News
And there’s more important personality and health news for you, Capricorn.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where your ruler, Saturn, feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to evolve your personality and physical self and health—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your first sector of the self to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, your powerful ruler, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your health, be comfortable in your body, and improve your skills in putting yourself across effectively when you meet people—all of which will increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has transformed your health and personality since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, fast talking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon, on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your witty but no nonsense ruler, Saturn, lighting up your personality and body house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do with your personal image or style, your body and how well it serves you in everything you want and must do, and your unique personality—and how it aligns with your physical and inner selves.
Your Network—And Hopes And Dreams
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your house of you and your health and personality this year, Capricorn.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your house of friendship and networking, which includes any clubs or professional associations you belong to as well as the audience you attract with your creative efforts and your desire to support humanitarian causes. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Capricorn, you have a good chance of meeting someone among your friends or associates who can help your personality blossom or teach you how to strengthen your body. You may locate a public speaking coach, a new health professional with just the right exercises or treatment you need, a wardrobe consultant to upgrade your look, or a stylist who can give you that perfect haircut. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you also may extend your network internationally, and you’ll make contacts you enjoy and might even visit. The eleventh house also governs our desire to serve others through charitable work or donations, and you may step up your involvement in projects you feel passionate about; if so, you’ll make new friends who enrich your life. In addition, with this house we focus on our dearest dreams for life, our hopes and wishes for how things could be in an ideal world. Your dreams will take flight this year, Capricorn, as you meditate on what’s meaningful for you personally and take action to make a difference in dramatic new ways.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your friendships, a charity fundraiser, or someone important in your network. You may meet a young and fiery person who sparks a big picture, genius idea for how you can take action to make your dreams come true.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you tap your friends or leverage your network to support all the energies you have in your first house of the essential you:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your eleventh house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your first house of you, bringing you kudos among your colleagues or proof of your VIP status in your industry. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your house of the self and personality make helpful angles with Jupiter in your friends and networking house, bringing high potential to attract help from international or university connections for any project you wish—especially one that’s meaningful to you personally and has a good chance for long term stability and success.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your first house of personality and health and both of them making inspiring angles with assertive Mars in your eleventh house of friends, associates, clubs, charities, and cherished dreams.
- Mars leaves your eleventh house of fun with friends on January 26, when it enters your twelfth house of psychological health, spirituality, and solitude. If progress has stalled on finding a therapist, improving a vexing health concern, or getting time away to meditate or recharge at any point over the last couple of years (due to your ruler Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Capricorn, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your eighth house. This area of your chart governs shared finances such as venture capital, insurance policies, mortgages, and child support as well as money you get in a lump sum through inheritance, commissions, and loans. Notice your feelings around this time and see what reaches a conclusion or may be ready to leave your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Capricorn! After a long time of handling challenges related to your spirituality, health, and time for rest and solitude, you have a powerful month for reaffirming who you are, expressing your personality, enjoying a new comfort in your body and self-image.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with your marriage and business partnerships.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your friendship and networking house. Watch for good news about your international connections and career, friends, and charitable projects.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your house of hopes and wishes and your house of the self and personality. Leverage your network to improve health or body image or bring your newly empowered personality to a beloved charitable initiative that gives you ample room to show off your style and spirit of service.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to yourself and your personal projects. Launch that idea you’ve longed to implement, revamp your wardrobe with a personal shopper, hire someone to help you overcome a personality flaw, or meet with a new physician or other professional to support your health.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through confidential projects, take action to schedule the retreat or physical therapy time you know you need, and bring more meaning to your life with passionate focus on your spiritual self and practice.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to your shared financial situation or pay off a mortgage or loan. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Capricorn! I wish you a wonderful month!