Happy new year, Sagittarius! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
Now is the time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of how you earn your income as well as your values and possessions.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Finances And Life’s Mysteries
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your eighth house of shared finances. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The eighth house is where you build security through the money that involves other people, such as insurance, mortgages, and loans, or that comes in lump sums, such as a commission, bonus, or inheritance. It’s also about your soul and life’s mysteries of birth, death, and sexuality. It holds the key to your financial health in relation to others and the deepest aspects of your spirituality.
With the full Moon here, you could be thinking about joint finances because you recently received approval for a loan, extra insurance, or a mortgage. Or you may have negotiated alimony or child support, and confirmation of the agreement may arrive around this time.
This area of your chart also relates to business funding from venture capital or crowdfunding, so you may see a breakthrough there. In addition, the eighth house governs your mysterious soul and psychic wisdom that comes to us in hunches, and the full Moon is a perfect time to get in touch with this part of yourself to see what messages come to your consciousness.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, enjoy your day, and use your energy and authority responsibly in all dealings. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Sagittarius, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Sagittarius, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your finances.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left your sign, Sagittarius, and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your first house of the body and health as well as your personality. This area also governs any projects with particular personal significance or meaning.
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges to your health such as feeling drained, overworked, or even sad. If your health is stable, you may have been working very hard and now need to rest, or you may have lost touch with your true, sparkly personality because you had to be so responsible and serious about something requiring your commitment and constant work.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your second house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to how you earn income as well as your values, possessions, talents, and resources.
More Money News
And there’s more important financial news for you, Sagittarius.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to make and manage your money better—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your second financial sector to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication to your financial dealings, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can feel confident about your ability to earn money, make smart financial choices, and care for your possessions—so you can increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been boosting you financially since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, brilliant Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets lighting up your personal money house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start anything having to do making money from your job, saving and managing your money with an eye toward retirement, organizing your possessions or collectibles, and aligning your values with how you earn and what you own.
Your Health And Spiritual Life
At the same time, you have other strong energies to help your health and spirituality this year, Sagittarius.
This past October, Jupiter entered Scorpio in your most secret and private house. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Sagittarius, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to improving chronic health or psychological concerns, especially conditions that benefit from a positive outlook and steps you take to help yourself. You also have excellent chances to connect with your spirituality on a retreat or solo vacation. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, you may meet a new spiritual advisor or holistic professional who can help you change your health for the better. You also may begin therapy to overcome a longstanding psychological block or concern that keeps you from living up to your best potential. Or you may withdraw from the world a bit to study and meditate, undergo rehab after a health procedure, or travel overseas for a religious pilgrimage or spirituality conference. This area also governs activities behind the scenes, so you may be working on a project you need to keep confidential or under close control.
Watch January 6, when fiery Mars will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your health or a vivid dream that inspires a new search for personal meaning. You may meet a brash expert who can help with a new therapy or challenge you to overcome negative thinking.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your inner life and spirituality or the power of your dreams or psychic knowing to support all the energies you have in your second house of earned income:
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars in your twelfth house makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your money house, earning you a nod from private benefactors who can help your finances via secret negotiations for a lucrative project. That same day, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your financial house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your health and spirituality house, bringing high potential for gain through following a hunch or messages in dreams and meditation.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with Pluto in your second house of earned income and possessions and both of them making inspiring angles with assertive Mars in your twelfth house to enable graceful alignment between spiritual values and how you make money.
- Mars leaves your twelfth house of health, dreams, and psychology on January 26, when it enters your first house of the self and body. If you’ve had stalled progress in improving your body’s fitness or your self-image, or your naturally fiery personality has felt dampened at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to bounce back and achieve what you want.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Sagittarius, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your ninth house. This area of your chart governs anything that connects you to the big, wide world and that broadens your perspective: all things international, publishing, broadcasting, long distance travel, higher education, religion, your beliefs, and philosophy. The full Moon will be in a helpful angle with your Sagittarius energies, so notice your feelings around this time related to ninth house concerns and let go of anything that may be ready to leave your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Sagittarius! After a long time of handling challenges related to your personality, body, health, and personal projects important to you, you have a powerful month that may see you happily settling down to review and improve your earning power and finances.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with shared finances such as loans, insurance, or child support.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Mars meets with Jupiter in your health and spirituality house. Watch for good news about your psychological well being and your inner life and pay attention to messages that come through dreams.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets will bring synergy between your money house and your spirituality and health house. Leverage finances to support a spiritual quest, apply your will and stamina to work with a therapist or make better health habits, or align your inner self with your values and how you earn money.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to making more money—or managing what you earn—starts now. Schedule calls and meetings with bosses or powerful mentors to take a step up in your career, enroll in a household budgeting class, or inventory and photograph unwanted possessions so you can sell them online.
- January 26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Push through tasks for a major personal project, take up a new sport or fitness regimen, or update your image with bolder clothes or a flattering hairstyle.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to foreign people and places or experiences in higher education or religion. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Sagittarius! I wish you a wonderful month!