Happy new year, Scorpio! Welcome to 2018!
Your Month Ahead
This is the perfect time for a fresh start. And the planets are helping with plenty of new energies filled with exciting potential and wonderful opportunities for you in the areas of communication, sisters and brothers, neighbors, and your community as well as your self-image, style, and health.
Read on to learn what’s in store for you.
Spotlight On Expansion
The year starts on a high note, with a big full Moon on New Year’s Day in Cancer in your ninth house of expansion through higher education and all things international. (If you live in the eastern hemisphere, the full Moon arrives for you on January 2.) The ninth house is your think big place of connecting with far flung people, cultures, and cuisines through travel or study. It’s about the big, wide world, and it’s where you plug in through anything that broadens your perspective, from publishing and broadcasting to long voyages to religion and philosophy. It holds the key to how you perceive and what you believe and provides an important source of information and education.
With the full Moon here, you could be traveling far from home on New Year’s Day and will enjoy trying new restaurants and dishes and meeting new people who expand your thinking.
You also might hear from a classmate from college days or see a magazine article or book by a former professor or member of the clergy you once knew. This area of your chart also governs international aspects of business such as import-export and foreign trading partners as well as immigration, visas, and passports, so you may be resolving a question or issue related to one of these subjects.
Whatever the day brings, remember to relax, take your time, and nurture your emotional self. Full Moons always bring powerful energies and typically reveal new information in a dramatic way that compels us to pay attention. It’s as if the Moon has gathered all her forces by becoming full of light, just to shine that light for us so we can achieve crystal clarity in some part of our lives. What we see benefits us but can feel stressful.
Time For Reflection
Did you know that full Moons are the most powerful time of every month to perform spiritual work to help yourself and others? Whatever spiritual practice you follow, from meditation and prayer to retreats and solitary walks in nature, be sure to make time on this day to go within yourself to connect with divine energies.
Also, with a full Moon coming at this significant time of the start of a new year, you have a perfect opportunity to take some time by yourself to reflect on the year you’ve just completed, see how far you’ve come to arrive where you are now, and begin visualizing what you want your life to be like in 2018. Use your spiritual powers to support this work, so you can create situations and things that benefit others as well as yourself.
All Systems Go!
The next day, January 2, brings another helpful shift for you, Scorpio, when the planet Uranus ends its long retrograde period. Now, we will have nine weeks with no planets retrograde. That’s a powerful opportunity for you to get started on simple yet powerful changes to help your life, based on your recent insights.
Scorpio, the biggest news this month, by far, comes in your communications.
Last month, on December 19, Saturn left Sagittarius and entered Capricorn for the first time since 1991. This is headline news for everyone, because Saturn remains in a sign for about two and a half years before moving on to the next one, giving us a long time to work with its energies.
Since December 2015, you’ve had Saturn’s limiting, constricting, yet ultimately beneficial energies in your second house, which governs how you earn money, debt, and what you hold most dear, including tangible things of material value such as possessions or collectibles and intangibles such as your views on
Saturn is the zodiac’s great teacher and stern taskmaster. So with this planet’s tour of Sagittarius, you may have faced challenges in paying off debts or needed help learning how to budget, save, invest, or organize processes and bill paying in your office or home. Or you may have seen your earning power stagnate or even erode, requiring you to take on extra work for lower pay than you would have liked.
Saturn slows things down wherever he goes, forcing us to learn patience as we take things one step at a time—we’re never allowed to skip steps or cut to the front of the line when it comes to this exacting planet.
Sometimes, the lessons we must learn with Saturn come through a much older person who has wisdom to give us. These experiences help us appreciate elderly people and the value of their perspective. The good news: if you listened to wise counsel these past two and a half years and did the work required of you, you will see rewards for your effort.
And now, with Saturn firmly in your third house until March 2020, you have new adventures awaiting you as you turn your focus to communication of all kinds as well as your brothers and sisters, neighbors and community, and early education. This area also governs your intelligence: how and what you think.
More Communication News
And there’s more good news for you in these areas, Scorpio.
Unlike its time in Sagittarius—where Saturn feels very out of place and uncomfortable because its colder,
firming up energies are so at odds with Sagittarius’s fiery,
think big approach—when Saturn is in Capricorn it can be at its best. The ancient astrologers said that it
joys in Capricorn, meaning that it’s very happy there because Capricorn is the sign Saturn rules and where it feels right at home.
So you now have more than two years to build your communication skills and local connections—with Saturn’s full willingness to help—and this month will be your time to make a powerful new start. As of January 1, you have four planets in your versatile thinking area to help you:
- The warm and powerful Sun, which always shines its light freely and generously to bring joy and optimism to our world
- Beautiful Venus, the planet of love and relationships—and money—who will bring grace and sophistication, perhaps through powerful women who can help you
- Saturn, who will press you to step up and take on more responsibility so you can entertain more serious and ambitious thoughts, be as good as your word with everyone, and be more dependable to siblings and cousins—all of which will allow you to increase your ability to be of service to others
- Pluto, your ruler, the tiny but mighty planet of transformation and deep spiritual evolution, who has been deepening your communication skills and changing your sibling dynamics since 2008 with help from powerful people—and by empowering you and revealing hidden gold somewhere based on your soul’s deepest secrets and gifts
As of January 11, quick thinking Mercury will join them in Capricorn, followed by the sensitive Moon on January 14. So at mid-month, you’ll have six planets including your ace in the hole friend, Pluto, lighting up your chatty third house and pushing you to take action to live up to your greatest potential.
So get going on new plans right as the new year opens, because all these energies will put wind in your sails.
And mark your calendar for January 16: we’ll have a new Moon in Capricorn, and that will be the time for you to begin taking action to put your plans in motion. That’s because the new Moon period, which lasts from the day of the new Moon through about a week and a half afterward, brings the right energies to initiate something new. It’s exactly like planting seeds to grow crops: it’s important to plant at the right time if you want the seeds to germinate and grow into strong plants with high yield. For you, this is the strongest time of this entire year to start new things associated with writing, speaking, and all other communication; contacts with sisters and brothers, cousins, and mentors from your early childhood school; and neighbors and local connections in your community.
Your Health And Personality
At the same time, you also have other strong energies to help your health and enrich your personality this year, Scorpio.
This past October, Jupiter entered your sign, Scorpio, in your first house of your body and personality. Jupiter is the great expander of the zodiac, the planet that can help grow whatever it touches and whatever you can conceive. The ancient sages called it
the great benefic because it can bring wonderful blessings and good fortune—if we use its energies wisely.
In your case, Scorpio, you have an opportunity to get help and make dramatic progress in anything related to your health, your personality, and your ability to command authority. You also will feel a new zest and optimism and can take risks on new projects with better odds of success than you’ve enjoyed in years. This chance will remain through November of this year, when Jupiter moves on to Sagittarius.
This year, Jupiter’s ability to magnify anything it contacts may help you see a personal foible in a new light, allowing you to improve your personality by making you more benevolent, tolerant, and generous. Or you may revamp your wardrobe or change your hairstyle to reflect your evolving self and capabilities. You also can use Jupiter’s powerful energies to improve your health, either through help from top experts or by spending time outdoors in wide open spaces.
Watch January 6, when warrior Mars, your sign’s co-ruler, will meet up with Jupiter in Scorpio: this pairing could bring you a powerhouse day of good news and potential breakthrough in your health, your body image, or a project that’s especially important to you personally. In legal matters or business dealings, you’ll have a master touch in negotiating combined with a strong will to see a negotiation through to a favorable outcome.
In addition, some special planetary placements this month can help you leverage your strong health and personal presence to help all the energies you have in your third house of communication, short trips, community, and siblings:
- Your co-ruler, Mars, is in your first house of the self most of this month, giving you will power and determination that can drive success in anything you choose to do.
- January 8 brings an action packed day: Mars makes a helpful angle with powerful Pluto in your third house, sparking communication and favor from local VIPs or cousins with connections. Also, the Sun and Venus in Capricorn in your communication house make helpful angles with Jupiter in your first house of the self, bringing high potential for success or gain in a personal project, thanks to community partners, siblings, or a neighbor.
- January 9 continues the good news, with money planet Venus as well as the Sun meeting up with your ruler, Pluto, in your third house of short trips and local concerns and both of them making inspiring angles with hard driving Mars, your co-ruler, in your first house of personality, presence, and your body and image.
- Mars leaves your house of the self on January 26, when it enters your second house of how you earn money as well as possessions and what you most value. If you’ve had stalled negotiations in any of these areas at any point over the last couple of years (due to Saturn’s presence there), you now have a chance—and the will power—to get them back on track.
- Finally, we’ll close the month January 31 with a full Moon that brings a total lunar eclipse. Eclipses ramp up the power of the full Moon, and they often bring dramatic news and changes to our lives. Lunar eclipses typically point us toward the past: we see something come full circle or reach a conclusion. For you, Scorpio, the eclipse will arrive in Leo in your tenth house. This area of your chart governs career, professional standing in your community or industry, and your ability to serve others or leave a legacy through leadership and authority. The full Moon will be in a tense angle with your Scorpio energies, so watch your feelings around this time regarding your career and see what’s ready to phase out of your life. And do make time for meditation, as this time is very powerful on the spiritual plane: your hopeful thoughts and positive visualizations can make a real difference now.
Plan Your Month: Important Dates
This is such an exciting month for you, Scorpio! After a long time of handling challenging financial matters and negotiations or worrying about your income, you have a powerful month that may see you traveling or out and about much more in your community.
Here are January’s key dates to watch as you plan your month. Mark your calendar and be sure to take action on the important dates indicated here, as your efforts can bring impressive progress now.
- January 1: Full Moon in Cancer. See what comes full circle with anything international, from immigration to visas to passports, or with anything related to higher education, travel, or publishing.
- January 2: Uranus ends its retrograde motion. With no planets retrograde for the next two months, it’s all systems go until March!
- January 6: Your co-ruler, Mars, meets with Jupiter in your first house of personality and the body. Watch for good news about your health or prepare to turn heads with your powerful style.
- January 8 and 9: A series of wonderful alignments involving several planets—including your co-ruler, Mars—will bring synergy between your personal and communication houses. Let your true self shine in conversations and communications, put your personal stamp on a website or social media platform, or reconnect with siblings or loving cousins to help you on a special project dear to your heart.
- January 16: New Moon in Capricorn. Your best week and a half this year for initiating new plans related to writing, public speaking, computers or cell phones, and relationships with brothers and sisters. Have lunch with your sibling, schedule meetings with powerful people or older mentors about polishing a speech, or start a communication campaign to get the word out about a favorite project.
- January 26: Mars, your co-ruler, enters Sagittarius. Push through issues related to earned income, organizing or appraising possessions, or aligning values with livelihood.
- January 31: Full Moon with lunar eclipse. Make peace with something from the past related to career and public status. Make time for solitude, leverage the day’s deeply spiritual energies, and visualize peaceful and happy outcomes that benefit everyone.
Happy January, Scorpio! I wish you a wonderful month!